Location Poole, Dorset
Salary £30000 to £35000
We are currently recruiting for a Development Engineer to join our Engineering team to design components and subassemblies for ATMs to support our customers and help innovate new products to the market. This is a fantastic opportunity for anyone with experience as a Design Engineer or Product Development Engineer to join an exciting and challenging industry and be at the front of new product development.
Reporting to the Engineering manager you will:
- Design and develop aftermarket ATM parts for security, branding, and operational requirements,
- Help to define, plan, and deliver engineering projects throughout the business,
- Report on project progress effectively and accurately,
- Set up and manage a 3D CAD system to work with, training up to three others as occasional users and design reviewers,
- Work closely with Sales, Production, Quality and Purchasing teams to develop project and design specifications through to prototype and commercialisation,
- Use and improve the project management process.
You will be an experienced (5 years +) design engineer, with experience working with similar precision machinery containing small mechanisms, PCBA control systems, firmware, software, displays, motors, belts, plastic, and sheet metal parts. Experience of ATM parts is desirable but not required. You will be a competent user of 3D design software, with background knowledge to inform the business on capabilities and limitations of market software.
You will have experience in designing new products for market, and the approvals process that accompanies this (UKCA), as well as reviewing field data to identify products with beneficial improvements. Experience of leading design and production projects is desirable, however an applicant with ambition and capability who is looking for the next step in their career will be considered.
In return, TestLink can offer you:
- A competitive salary,
- 23 days holiday (plus bank holidays),
- Flexitime working arrangements,
- A comprehensive benefits package, including life insurance, employee discounts, and cash-back schemes with major UK high street retailers,
- A candidate driven approach, with training and development opportunities to support your professional development.
If you’re interested in taking a lead role in the implementation of developing business opportunity, and think this is the place for you, apply now for a call from our recruiters!