Location Poole, Dorset
Salary up to £20475
Full Time Permanent Role
Core Hours: Monday to Friday 8.30am to 4.30pm
Location: Upton, Poole – BH16 5SJ
TestLink have over 30 years of experience and you will benefit from the knowledge that has been built up through our growth so far; thriving through two recessions and expanding into Europe and the USA. Like many successful companies in the industry, we know that continued evolution and innovation are vital, so you'll be joining a forward-thinking culture, a place where you can learn and progress, but also be supported in implementing your own ideas.
The Logistics Controller is responsible for, day to day picking, packing, and shipping to customers worldwide. The objectives being to help ensure the timely provision of material to meet with sales demand. You are expected to operate within a framework of procedures and specific targets in pursuit of overall department goals and objectives.
The Logistics Controller is a key part of the Supply chain team structure carrying out day to day materials activities to meet with demand. You are expected to operate within the framework of objectives and targets determined by the Warehouse Manager, but with the latitude to pursue initiatives that will enable the department targets to be achieved.
Internally, the Logistics Coordinator will liaise with personnel within Finance, Purchasing, and Sales.
Externally the Logistics Coordinator will be required to liaise with suppliers of logistical services.
- Daily review of all outstanding delivery schedules from Suppliers
- Ensure all export deliveries leave on time and are with the specific documentation
- Provide Finance department with shipment packs within agreed timescales
- Undertake all logistical administration functions to ensure on time delivery of sales orders
- Assist with the upkeep and expansion of the Stock Management System
- Ensure that all Health and Safety, housekeeping, quality and environmental policies and procedures are adhered to
- Good knowledge of Word and Excel essential
- Confident when working with computer databases
- Experienced in providing administrative support, coordinating processes, and generating reports
- Excellent communicator, with good written and verbal skills
- Must be able to work under own initiative to solve problems
- Calm and collected with ability to work under pressure