Location Poole, Dorset
Salary up to £75000
Full Time Permanent Role
To £75K OTE
TestLink have over 30 years of experience and you will benefit from the knowledge that has been built up through our growth so far; thriving through two recessions and expanding into Europe and the USA. Like many successful companies in the industry, we know that continued evolution and innovation are vital, so you'll be joining a forward-thinking culture, a place where you can learn and progress, but also be supported in implementing your own ideas.
The Sales Manager is a key management position within the company and will contribute to the companies overall business plan.
The Sales Manager will operate within the framework of objectives and targets determined by the Managing Director but with the latitude to pursue initiatives that will enable the sales targets to be achieved.
- The management and development of the TestLink sales team in both the UK and USA operations
- Ensuring potential customers are reached through the development of focused sales strategies
- The promotion activities to support sales
- Ensuring personal and team sales targets are achieved
- Contributing to the company’s strategy
The role will require regular short term travel to support the Business Development personnel. Some of this travel will be outside of Europe.
The Sales Manager is responsible for ensuring that TestLink meets the company’s sales budgets and that all new business is capable of meeting GP targets.
Also responsible for developing and implementing sales strategies along with the management of any sub contractors or staff within this function.
- Contribute to TestLink strategy at business review meetings
- Produce accurate sales reports and forecasts
- Attend and present at monthly management / sales meetings
- Ensure the sales team is aligned to the company objectives
- Ensure that sales infrastructure is developed and maintained
- To ensure sufficient prospects are in the pipeline to achieve budget
- Ensure pricing system is maintained to ensure target margin is achieved
- To develop the formal sales process and ensure it is followed
- Ensure individual and department KPI performance data is developed and maintained to ensure team focus
- To ensure all proposals and presentations are of a sufficiently high standard
- Sales tracking tools are accurate and up to date
- Develop high level contacts within existing customers and prospects to assist in winning new business
- Develop and mentor sales staff
- Ensure new business is professionally handed over from Sales to Operations & Finance
- Where appropriate directly own the customer/prospect relationship
- Assess resource requirements and undertake recruitment activities including interviews and selection in conjunction with HR
- Liaise with external marketing communications agencies such as web developers to support sales collateral requirements
- Ensure that all health and safety, housekeeping, quality and environmental policies and procedures are adhered to
The Sales Manager will report directly to the Managing Director and as part of the management team work closely with all other members of the team.
Internally, the Sales Manager shall liaise with personnel within all departments. There will be regular interface at Senior Management & Director level.
Externally, the Sales Manager is expected to liaise directly with all TestLink stakeholders at commercial, operational and director levels.
- Educated to HND or degree level in a technical subject
- Must possess a minimum of 5 years sales management experience working within the IT or technical services areas, selling to large corporate customers
- A proven track record of sales management success is essential
- Excellent outgoing communicator, with good written and verbal skills
- Proficient at dealing with senior management and C level executives
- Able to motivate and develop a sales team
- Must be able to work under own initiative to solve problems
- Calm and collective with ability to work under extreme pressure
- Demonstrates an Innovative and challenging approach
- To be proficient with all Microsoft office products
- Hold a valid UK driving license