Goods In & Dispatch Operative
Location Poole, Dorset
Salary £10.42 to £10.92
Salary will start at £10.42 and rise to £10.92.
- Good manual dexterity
- Good organisational skills
- Basic PC skills such as data entry
- Strong eye for detail and the ability to maintain accurate records
- FLT Licence – Not essential
- Full driving licence. – Not essential
- Calm and collected, with the ability to work under occasional pressure
- Good interpersonal skills – cooperative and flexible.
The Goods In & Despatch Operative will be responsible for resources within Goods In and Despatch as allocated by the Team Leader, to meet the Company’s requirements and time scales of the test and repair schedules.
The Goods In & Despatch Operative will be expected to support in the improvement of productivity, quality, processes and procedures of the materials area.
- To assist in the activities associated with Goods In / Despatch as instructed.
- To ensure that the Stores, Warehouse and despatch are always secure
- To keep the work areas, Warehouse, despatch areas, bailer and yard clean and tidy at all times with correct segregation of waste and pallets.
- To inform the Team Leader of any problems or potential problems affecting their role or the Departments overall goals.
- To follow and comply with all associated documented and systemised procedures.
- To comply with all relevant aspects of company policy surrounding Health and Safety, Quality, Employment Law and TestLink Services Ltd policies and procedures.
- To ensure that damaged goods are correctly reported.
- Any other duties as directed by the Team Leader in pursuit of overall company goals and objectives.
- To load and unload vehicles - this will include some degree of lifting.
- Daily booking in of all material purchases within relevant specific time scales
- To ensure that the product is unpacked and booked in accordance with the Company Procedure and to a standard that prevents damage taking place.
- To package the product in accordance with Company Procedures to a standard that prevents transit damage occurring.
- To ensure that the customers product is packaged in accordance with any customer specifications and company procedures/specifications.
- To ensure that the product is despatched in accordance with the Company Procedures, to the Company despatch schedule and standard
To load and unload vehicles - this will include some degree of lifting.